The Future of Conferences
With videoconferencing, online meetings, telepresence and other collaboration technology gaining traction, does that mean the in-person conference is obsolete? No – not by a long way! But its role has changed. Here are 10 trends affecting our professional and personal lives, and how conference organisers take advantage of them:
- Networking is not enough. Your attendees want to make strong connections and build lasting relationships.
- Their thinking starts before they arrive. Help delegates with better preparation so they make the most of the conference.
- They are not just attendees sitting silently and listening; they want to be active participants in co-creating the conference.
- They don’t come to the conference for more information. They want actionable insights that make a lasting difference.
- They don’t want you to work at keeping them entertained and engaged; they want a conference that flows effortlessly.
- Gadgets and gizmos don’t impress anymore, unless they are transformational tools that enhance their experience.
- They want to take their corridor conversations inside, and actively take part in in-session collaboration.
- There are other places where they can learn new skills. They want the conference to shift thinking instead.
- A conference isn’t a one-off event. It can now be an integrated part of their entire journey.
- Online events aren’t the enemy of in-person conferences. They can enhance and extend the overall experience.
Listen To the Episode
Listen to the episode here:
- Download the MP3 file here.
- Subscribe to the podcast here.
- Download the e-book “The Future of Conferences” here.
The Fit for the Future Podcast brings you regular ideas, interviews and insights about how you, your teams and your organisation can become fit for the future.
More ways to engage with me:
- Book me as a speaker for your next conference
- Subscribe to the podcast for more great content like this program
- Subscribe to my Fit for the Future e-mail newsletter
- Read and subscribe to my blog
- Sign up to my free Future Proof webinar series
- Join my membership site, the eGurus Community