Many speakers and trainers want to deliver their material on-line, but don't know how to do it effectively. It's not enough to just turn a training program into an on-line course or a keynote presentation into a webinar. You must get your strategy right, and create a program that delivers material in a variety of ways to match different learning styles and audience needs.
If you would like to deliver more of your material on-line, but you're not sure how, this is one of the most effective ways to use my Leverage Mentoring Program. The fact is, e-learning is not just the way of the future; it's very much the way of the present. And if you don't add e-learning to your delivery mix, you'll quickly fall far behind your competition.
Why e-learning is not just an option, but a necessity.
E-learning has been around for years now – ever since the Internet became popular, and in some cases even before then. So what makes it so attractive now?
There are five key reasons why you should be adding e-learning options to your business now – not just because they're attractive, but because they're now essential:
- Clients expect more. In the past, you could be a "hit and run" presenter, who waltzes in, delivers a keynote, acknowledges the standing ovation, and leaves. That's no longer an option. Clients expect you to deliver more – much more – than just your standard face-to-face time with them. If you don't deliver it, they'll find somebody else who will.
- The world is flat. In Thomas Friedman's book of this name, he talks about the rising middle class throughout the world. These are the people who can create and deliver the same value you deliver, but do it faster, cheapr and more effectively with e-learning.
- The tools are accessible. Even amateurs can create blogs, YouTube videos, on-line forums, even entire e-learning sites. Yes, they are amateurs, and some of their products are amateurish. But your clients don't necessarily see it that way. Rather, they see other people offering e-learning technology, and wonder why you don't.
- Your speaking fee is insignificant. You know how you're always struggling to get clients to accept your fee? In fact, your fee is insignificant when compared with the cost of the lost productivity of their people who attend your events. E-learning allows them to learn from their office desks – and sometimes even their homes. This productivity gain is worth many times more than what they pay you.
- You won't be seen as serious. When I first started showing clients how to use e-learning technology, 12 years ago, it was a significant point of difference and a strong selling point. Now it's significant if you don't offer it – and a strong point against you.
Who is this for?
This is for you if:
- You're already delivering high-quality content to clients
- Your clients are looking for ways to reduce costs during the economic downturn
- You would like to make money from information you're currently giving away
- You want to spend less time on the road, in strange hotels in remote towns
- You want to build a business that gives you the freedom to travel more – on your own terms
- You've already got a full schedule, and want to make more money from what you're already doing
How does it work?
We’ll work together in my Leverage Mentoring Program to turn your existing material into e-learning form.
The exact things we do will vary depending on your business and what you're already doing. Here are some examples of the things I can show you how to do:
- Adding e-learning components to your existing face-to-face presentations, to instantly increase your speaking fee.
- Finding the most profitable on-line markets for your e-learning programs.
- Turning printed material into e-learning form.
- Using popular Web 2.0 sites like YouTube and Slideshare to create high-value material for marketing purposes.
- Creating on-line courses, so you can deliver your e-learning material automatically in a staged manner.
- Building a private e-learning membership site, so you can generate a recurring income stream from students and participants.
“It’s a constant challenge to keep up with the evolution of the internet and one I can’t afford to ignore. The person who keeps me informed and able to make sound strategic decisions that leverage my expertise is Gihan Perera. There are many things that I value about mentoring with Gihan but top of the list are these:
- Gihan is a strategic thinker. Therefore the focus is on leverage – what will make the most difference to you and the strategic outcomes you intend;
- He is across all aspects of internet communication. Not a one-trick-pony that knows all about say, social media and nothing else, Gihan has a breadth of expertise. His approach is to help you look at the many online tools available and choose the combination that will convey your message to the right people in the right way;
- Gihan gives you confidence. He’s an expert but you never feel like a dummy no matter how inexperienced you are. He explains so you understand and helps you develop the knowledge and skills you need.
All aspects of my internet strategy, including a newsletter, blog, podcast, videos, ebooks, online articles as well as social media and website, have all evolved over the years that I have been a client of Gihan. I’ll never forget running my first webinars – such a huge step back then – knowing Gihan had my back. Now I get rave reviews and I couldn’t have done it without him.”
— Ann Rolfe, Founder, Mentoring Works
Is this right for you?
You'll get the most out of it if you meet these three criteria:
You're already running a successful speaking/training business.
We work on e-learning programs that build on your existing programs. This means you must understand your market, know what they want, and have a proven track record in delivering value to them in your presentations. If you're just starting out, this probably isn't the right timing for you.
You're willing to position yourself as an expert.
The success of any online program relies on your expertise – not just in the program content, but also in the way you market it. On the Internet, you have to prove you're an expert even before people visit your Web site. To do this, you must be ready and willing to produce high-value content regularly. Otherwise, it's difficult for us to help you leverage it!
You're committed to making this a success.
This might sound obvious, but this service is only useful for you if you're genuinely interested in building a successful e-learning program. Although I'll be helping you, it will still be up to you to do the work.
What do you do next?
This is part of my Leverage Mentoring Program. So find out more about that program here.