Clients often ask me how to get more from what they’re doing – whether it’s about using social media, turning their programs into information products, reaching more people with their messages, managing information overload, or being more productive. That’s why I’ve put together this Leverage Mentoring program, which helps you get more from what you’re doing without necessarily spending a lot of money, employing more staff, or harming your lifestyle. I know that you want to keep delivering your key messages to the right people, but want to do it in the most effective way possible.
Think of me as like the GPS navigation system in your car. You tell me where you want to go, and I’ll help you plot out the best path for you, depending on your circumstances and requirements.
Who is this for?
The Leverage Mentoring program is for you if:
- You’re a leader who wants to build a personal brand, get more from your team, or leverage the expertise in your network
- You’re a speaker, trainer, coach, consultant, author or other thought leader who wants to deliver your current material in other ways (especially online)
- You’re a business leader with key strategic messages you need to share with stakeholders
- You’re a business owner who wants to position yourself as an authority in your field
"Great to speak with you again today. I always feel energised and on-track after talking with you, and more confident and determined, too!"
— Ann Rolfe, mentoring-works.com
How does it work?
This is a 90-day program, with these touchpoints:
- In our first session, we clearly define your goal for the next 90 days: What you want to achieve, how we’ll measure progress, and how to stay on track.
- We then sketch out a weekly plan for the next 90 days.
- Then we have a weekly 20-minute mentoring call to check in, get support, and stay on track.
- Along the way, I’ll help you with additional support and resources you need to achieve your goal
At the end of the 90-day program, you can extend it month by month if you wish. Typically most clients want to work together for 3-6 months.
“’The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.’ Carl Jung (1933) – If you want real leverage and marketing that works, where you can see immediate results – use Gihan. His mentoring has transformed my thinking and ability to use social media – my growth has been amazing. I can’t thank Gihan enough for assisting me on my learning journey.”
— Dr Nicky Howe, CEO Southcare Inc
What topics do we cover?
Because mentoring is so personal, we don’t have a prescribed agenda. In our first mentoring session, we’ll discuss what you want to achieve, and then create a plan, which we will work on during future sessions.
That said, it’s useful to know the sort of things I have helped other clients with, so I’ve put together a few sample “packages” here:
- E-Learning and Information Products: Many speakers and trainers want to deliver their material on-line, but don’t know how to do it effectively. It’s not enough to just turn a training program into an on-line course or a keynote presentation into a webinar. You must get your strategy right, and create a program that delivers material in a variety of ways to match different learning styles and audience needs.
- Social Media Leadership: Internet marketing is still about getting more people to your Web site, so you can promote your products and services to them. But you now need to get them there by building and fostering a strong online reputation.
- Build Your Membership Site: Membership sites have become hot Internet properties recently – because one of the key components to success is building a community – but most people who start them don’t succeed with them. By learning the right way to build your membership site, you can add new income streams, reach new markets, and create greater profits in your business.
- Internet Business Strategy: The world of marketing has changed in nine ways, and you need to adapt to stay in touch with these things. Marketing used to be about brand, advertising, crowds, promotions, what you’ve got, broad reach, products, feature lists and transactions. Now it’s about you, your reputation, your network, value, what they need, niches, experiences, frames and connections.
- Magnetic Messages: If you ever have to make a presentation at work, or to promote your business, to sell in one-on-one appointments, or to promote a worthy cause, you know that it’s becoming more difficult than ever to capture, engage and keep your audience’s attention.
These are not the only topics, of course. I really do want to make this program just right for you, so we always customise it to suit your specific needs.
“What I valued most about working with Gihan was the practical advice I could implement immediately. His mentoring set me on a path to always think about how I could leverage my knowledge online. I would highly recommend Gihan’s mentoring programs for any thought leader.”
— Alicia Curtis, AliciaCurtis.com
Why does it work?
It works because of you, and it works because of me!
I’ll explain …
I love working with people who are well-established, have a strong business or leadership position, and have key messages they want to share. If you’re one of these people, you know who you are! You don’t need remedial work in business growth or career development; you don’t need motivation and personal development work; and you’re not struggling with weak positioning.
What you do need is somebody to show you how to get to the next level. Somebody who can show you how to leverage your expertise for e-marketing and e-learning. Somebody who can help you leverage your other resources – staff, time and money – more effectively. And somebody who has done these things himself.
"Gihan Perera is a true expert in understanding how to extract every bit of value from the internet. As my mentor, Gihan helped me work more productively, stay focused and kick goals. He’s a great listener, gets to the nub of issues super-fast, and then delivers practical insights and solutions with absolute ease."
— Kath Walters, Journalist, Editor, KathWalters.com.au
That’s where I come in …
What makes me different is that I practise what I preach: I’m an entrepreneur, business leader, author, speaker, trainer and consultant myself. I’ve been using the Internet since 1987, and in my consulting business since 1996. I regularly deliver educational material by webinars, I’m a published author, and I run a very profitable paid membership site.
In June 2012, Forbes magazine rated me the #5 social media influencer in the world in one of my areas of expertise (book publishing).
More importantly, not only have I done this for myself, I’ve also worked with hundreds of clients in that time, helping them leverage their expertise and grow their business. So I can show you what’s right for you, not only what works for me.
Most of my mentoring clients are amazed at how simple some of the strategies can be, and that’s because they’re sitting on a gold mine of possibility they just haven’t mined yet. I can help you get the most out of it, and I love helping you do this!
“I have just celebrated my five year anniversary of blogging (250 plus blogs), I have a weekly newsletter subscriber base of 2000 people, I have a paid membership site and I recently had the honour of being the opening, and only, keynote speaker at an inhouse News Limited (Careerone) sales conference. In the past two years I have been a finalist in our industry’s Outstanding Contribution Award, which is given in recognition of, amongst other criteria, to a person who has raised the professionalism of the industry through their contribution.
All of these achievements would not have been possible without the mentorship and cutting edge coaching I have received from Gihan along the way.
Gihan is an outstanding listener, who always has my best interest at the heart of every conversation we have. He is able to quickly distill the issue at hand and provide wise counsel in a highly engaging way.
I have referred many other people to Gihan, one of the very few people in my professional experience I have no hesitation in giving my unqualified endorsement and highest recommendation to.”
— Ross Clennett, RossClennett.com
How do you get started?
To find out more and get started with this program, phone me on (02) 8005 5746 or e-mail email@example.com.