Do you know the Internet has changed your business, but you don’t know how? And – more importantly – perhaps you don’t know what to do about it …
Unfortunately, most businesses don’t know the rules have changed. They think Internet marketing is about branding, hype, advertising, mass markets, needs, traffic, transactions, copywriting and better products and services.
It’s not. It’s about personality, value, reputation, niches, wants, communities, connections, buying frames and better experiences.
If you’re a business owner, you must change your business to stay ahead.
My new book “Fast, Flat and Free” shows you what has changed, and helps you create a practical strategy to take advantage of the incredible opportunities.
“Gihan’s new book is fantastic – it’s really compelling reading and has really practical tips all the way through – seriously, you have to have a look.”
– Rohan Squirchuk
This book is for you if:
- You own or manage a small- or medium-sized business – or other kind of organisation
- You’re facing increasing competition from local and global competitors
- Clients and customers are asking you about your Web site, blog, Facebook page and other online places
- You want to create an online presence that doesn’t cost tens of thousands of dollars
- There seem to be too many Internet marketing options available, and you don’t know what’s right for you
- You feel confused or intimidated talking to technical providers
- You would like to publish information on the Internet quickly and effectively
- You are looking for innovative, cost-effective ways to market your business
Imagine having a guide to help you understand the bewildering range of options available, and learn what’s right for you in your business. That's what this book will teach you to do.
“I must tell you, I’m not very happy with this book. I was hoping I could do a quick scan flip-through and then put it on the shelf with all the others. Now I realise I must . . . must . . . sit down and read entire this book with a pen in hand. And I will end up with a long to-do list that will be critical to the future of my business! This is simply brilliant stuff, and well written and well organised.”
– Warren Evans CSP, Futurist and Business Strategist
What will you learn?
“Fast, Flat and Free” will show you how to:
- Position yourself as a real person online, without compromising your business brand (I’ll show you the nine-step “positioning matrix”, which you can use to promote yourself and your business in many ways)
- Create a simple promotional video for your business
- Write high-quality material that Google loves, and publish it on your Web site
- Build a strong online presence that consistently delivers value to your clients and customers – without spending hours every day (I’ll show you how to take one idea, and turn it into articles, blog posts, newsletters, videos, slide shows and more!)
- Use Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn to create a powerful reputation (I’ll give you 20 things you can do – that take no more than ten minutes each – to work with social media)
- Monitor your online reputation, so you can detect problems that might damage your reputation – and take action quickly to fix it
- Identify profitable niche markets for your business (I’ll give you a 15-step checklist to help you evaluate any new niche market)
- Survey your market to find the best products and services to offer (You’ll learn the right questions to ask, who to ask, and how to interpret the results)
- Outsource your repetitive and time-consuming business activities, to save money and free up your time
- Tap into the power of Internet communities to help you solve problems (thsi is known as “crowdsourcing”)
- Encourage other influential people to work as your “affiliates”, to promote your products and services for you
- Build a community of loyal, happy customers and clients who will help each other, refer more business, and even help you develop new products and services
- Deliver a high-quality e-mail newsletter that puts you at the front of the customer’s mind when they are ready to buy
- Answer the four key questions in everybody’s mind when they visit your Web site (If you miss any one of them, you will lose the sale!)
- Learn 17 key principles of persuasion and influence, so that more of your site visitors turn into paying customers
- Create superior product experiences and buying experiences, so you increase your margins and stand apart from your competition
- Understand the top 7 reasons why customers don’t complete purchases on a Web site (and this is after they have decided to buy!)
- Avoid the 11 common mistakes most Web sites make with their order forms and shopping carts
I know that’s a lot of value, but I promise you’ll get it all … and more.
I’ll also give you a simple but powerful process for looking at all of this information and converting it into a strategic plan that’s right for your business. For some readers, this is the most useful part of the book!
And it’s not like any other book about the Internet.
There are lots of Internet business books. So what makes this one different?
The simple answer is: I’ve been there and done that. I know what works – and doesn’t work.
I’ve been using the Internet since 1987 – long before most people even knew there was an Internet! There was no Google, Facebook, Twitter or blogging – but we did have e-mail, online communities, social media (although we didn’t call it that!) and online collaboration. The Internet seems like it has grown a lot in the last few years – and it has – but most of the principles for Internet success are exactly the same as they were in the 1980s.
I’ve also been running an Internet consulting business since 1997, working with hundreds of business owners and organisations in Australia and elsewhere. I’ve helped them build an online presence, reach more people, create new products and dramatically increase their profits by tapping into the power of the Internet.
So what I’m saying is … I’ll share my real-life experience with you. You’ll learn to apply the principles that I know work, and avoid the common mistakes many businesses make.
Which means no fluff. Just the real answers you want to know.
So, how much better would you feel knowing all the answers to these questions and more? Wouldn’t you have a much better chance of making your business more successful?
This really is a short-cut to producing your Internet strategy – and then putting it into practice.
How much is a book like this worth?
Over the last 14 years, I’ve been sharing this knowledge through consulting, training workshops, conference presentations and to members of my membership site. My consulting clients pay thousands of dollars for some of this material, and even the members of my membership site pay $50 per month for access to it.
That’s why “Fast, Flat and Free” is a bargain at just A$33.00 (including GST), plus postage and handling. If you prefer an e-book version, that’s just US$9.99.
Here’s what professional speaker, marketing coach and technology guru Terry Brock said about it:
The printed book is a 220-page paperback.
The book is A$30, plus 10% GST for Australian orders, and postage.
The book is shipped from Perth, Australia. Allow a week for postage within Australia, 2-3 weeks outside Australia.
The e-book is US$9.99. It includes information about how to instantly access the on-line resource centre (see below).
If you buy e-books from Amazon.com, you can get the Kindle version from Amazon.com.
If you read e-books on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch, you can get the e-book version in the iTunes Store.
For other formats, the e-book version is available through Smashwords, one of the world’s best e-book distribution networks. It’s available in a number of different formats – including PDF and EPUB (an industry-standard format, which includes reading on Android phones and tablets).
Audio Book Version
The audio book is on two CDs (two and a half hours listening time).
The audio book is A$50, plus 10% GST for Australian orders, and postage.
It is shipped from Perth, Australia. Allow a week for postage within Australia, 2-3 weeks outside Australia.
“Probably one of the top thinkers and practical implementors in the Internet field. Even half-way around the world I look forward to receiving his practical insights into the wonderful world of the web. Top class stuff Gihan ..thanks!”
– Sean Weafer, Weafer Consulting