Have you ever thought of being a presenter on a cruise ship? It has lots of benefits – a great holiday, appreciative audiences, the chance to try out new material, and more. It’s not as difficult as you think, although there are some hidden traps and tricks to understand as well. I had the chance to do this last year, and in this webinar I’ll share my experience and explain how you can do this as well.
Is this webinar right for you?
This webinar is for you if you’re a competent presenter (you don’t need to be a professional speaker) who wants to combine work with pleasure on a cruise ship.
Here are some of the benefits:
- Develop and try out new material
- Speak to a different audience (especially valuable if you usually speak to business audiences)
- Engage with your audience in a different way before and after your presentations
- Enjoy a low-cost holiday (with a partner if you wish)
In this webinar, you will learn:
- How to choose appropriate topics and titles for cruise presentations
- What a cruise audience wants and expects from their presenter
- How to fit in with the cruise line’s expectations and requirements
- The pros and cons of your role as a cruise presenter (you’re neither a full passenger nor a full crew member, and that can cause complications)
- How to make the most of your speaking experience, so you get value for future presentations
- What you have to pay for, what you get free, and what you can negotiate in your contract
- If you’re in Australia, New Zealand or Asia: Who to approach to take the next step
What do you get?
In October 2014, I worked as a presenter on a 17-day cruise from Singapore to Beijing, presenting on 9 of those 17 days. In addition to doing those presentations, I also took extensive notes and photographs about my experience. In this one-hour webinar, I share my experiences so you can learn from them as well.
“That was great and certainly we would go in to this with eyes open! Excellent. Thank you!”
“Great presentation. I’ll combine a cruise with a trip to Australia.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the webinar. What I really appreciate is the way you walked us through it warts and all.”
The recording of this webinar “Speaking on a Cruise Ship” on Thursday 14th May is now available here.
The recording is $55, including GST.