If you’re a speaker, trainer, author, consultant, coach or other thought leader, you know the Internet has changed your business. Of course, it’s changed every business, but it has changed ours in a very specific way: Our clients, audiences and readers have more ways than ever before to get access to what we deliver. And if we don’t adapt and evolve to deliver in these new ways, they will get it from somebody else.
There are plenty of places where you can get advice on how to use the Internet. But lack of information isn't the problem. In fact, the problem is that there's too much information, and it’s not easy to know what’s most relevant, most effective and most profitable.
That's where the eGurus Community comes in …
In brief, if you’re a professional speaker, trainer, consultant, coach, author, thought leader or other infopreneur, the eGurus Community shows you how to deliver your messages on-line, not just to replace your existing presentations and services, but to enhance them. In short, it’s where you learn how to leverage your thought leadership on-line.
You get access to resources in a variety of formats – including webinars, e-books, articles, Web sites, audio downloads, special reports and more. My goal is to keep you up to date with the best strategies and tactics for marketing and delivering your products and services. More important, though, I have developed many of these resources myself, and personally reviewed and chosen the others, so you get what works and aren’t distracted by what isn’t right for you.
It is a community as well, so you also get the chance to connect with other like-minded business owners.
Who is it for?
The eGurus Community is for infopreneurs, not just entrepreneurs. In other words, it's for people who are actively engaged in a business that makes money from the ideas in their head, and who also want to tap into the power of the Internet to reach more people and deliver messages in different ways.
You might be a professional speaker, a trainer, a consultant, a coach or some other kind of infopreneur or thought leader. You'll be part of a community that runs a similar business as yours, though of course each in their own way.
This is an important distinction, because it means you'll be sharing ideas that are tailored to your business. For example:
- We talk about clients rather than customers
- We talk about personal branding rather than business branding
- We talk about selling products personally rather than in a retail store
- We talk about building a membership site for income rather than (only) for loyalty
- We talk about selling more to existing clients, not just looking for new markets.
- We talk about leveraging existing products and services, not only creating new products and services from scratch.
- We talk about leveraging your existing content in blogs, newsletters and social media (other business owners have to create new content for this purpose)
- … and so on
"I have been a member of the eGurus community for just over a week now and have used the resources every day. What's more, one tip alone has already saved me at least my annual membership fee, which makes the membership already a great return of investment. There is a wealth of information in the vault that can easily be used and create instant results and a bottom line impact to for my business. Thank-you Gihan!"
— Emma Weber, Vivat, www.leverlearning.com
12 Reasons to Join the eGurus Community
1. Monthly webinars
I conduct one or two webinars a month exclusively for members of the eGurus Community, on various topics related to leveraging your expertise on-line.
Your membership also gives you access to a large collection of webinar recordings, including: Facebook, Google+, getting traffic to your Web site, YouTube and video marketing, webinars, blogging, podcasting, e-mail newsletters, on-line audio, Web site copywriting, creating a membership site, search engine marketing, and more!
2. Strategic consulting sessions
The resources in the eGurus Community will help you plan and implement much of your on-line strategy, but I also want to help you with that strategy itself. So, as a member, you have access to a 20-minute complimentary Skype or phone mentoring session every three months for this purpose. You can use this to determine what to do, and then use the other resources to find out how to do it.
3. "How-To" E-books, Audio and Webinars
You get access to my collection of high-quality e-books, audio programs and on-demand webinars to help you leverage your Internet technology most effectively. Most people have to buy these products, but they're available to you free as part of your membership.
Here's a sample of what you get:
- Your E-Learning Strategy
- Publish Your E-Book to Amazon.com, iTunes, etc.
- Spread the Word with a Special Report
- Write Now: Writing books, articles and special reports
- Join the Club: Create a Paid Membership Site
- Outsourcing Your Jobs
- Webinar Smarts: How to Prepare and Present Profitable Webinars
- Keep the Learning Alive: Online courses
- Creating Interview Products
- Create a Membership Site Using Ning
- On-Line Presentations and Slide Shows
- Online Visuals Without Video
4. On-Line Tutorials and Resources
The heart of the resource centre in the eGurus Community is the “eGurus Vault”, a collection of high-quality articles, e-books, audio, video, reports, self-assessment tools, on-line courses and other material:
5. Mastermind Groups
Join our Mastermind Groups to engage with other members – asking questions, sharing ideas and building on everybody else's experience and expertise.
6. Promote Your Events
You're welcome to promote your own events – paid or unpaid – to other members of the community.
If you have events that other speakers, trainers, coaches or thought leaders might be interested in attending, I’m also happy to promote them on your behalf in my regular newsletter.
7. Slide Decks
There are a number of "slide decks" in the eGurus Vault, to give you an overview of a topic, with links to more detailed information. A "slide deck" is a cross between a PowerPoint presentation and an e-book. It presents information in an overview form, just like in PowerPoint. But it also has more detail, including links to additional resources.
8. Expect More E-book
Every year, I publish the Expect More e-book, with articles from eGurus members. The idea is that we each write an article, I compile the e-book, and we each have a high-quality gift to share with our databases. What's more, it's an excellent way to get your name and expertise in front of everybody else's database.
9. Access to Other Experts
I also invite other experts to contribute material for the eGurus Community, not only to help you with leveraging your thought leadership, but also to help you with other parts of your business.
Here's a sample of what's already there – as audio or video recordings:
- Creating Certainty – Goal Setting That Works: Erica Bagshaw
- Presenting to Modern Audiences: Alicia Curtis
- The Million Dollar Expert: Matt Church
- Becoming a World Class Presenter: Matt Church
- Work Smarter Not Harder: Matt Church
- Rainmaking – Creating Something From Nothing: Jennifer Dalitz
- Super-Productive Connecting: Neen James
- How To Think Like A Futurist: Craig Rispin
- Selling Skills for Information Experts: David Penglase
- The Art and Science of Mentoring: Ann Rolfe
- Outsourcing: David Price
- Search Engine Marketing: Ed Keay-Smith
- Financial Planning for Experts: Matt Hern
- Coaching: Domonique Bertolucci
10. Use my network of suppliers
I share with you my network of suppliers, especially people I've built a relationship with over time. This particularly applies to the area of product creation – for example, ghostwriters, editors, transcribers and book designers. This saves you the trouble and uncertainty of sourcing these suppliers yourself.
Be part of a community of like-minded experts looking to gain more from their on-line strategy.
12. Members-Only Specials
Access to member-only benefits and special prices, including:
- Recordings of all webinars
- Special rates on consulting, coaching and mentoring
- Member-only events
- Special rates on public events
- Free Premium Membership to CEO Online
In brief: Because I love this stuff and I'm good at it!
I've been working with infopreneurs and thought leaders in Australia and elsewhere since 1997. When I first started my business, we worked with anybody; but now most of my work is with infopreneurs and thought leaders. I know and understand the business. I know the difference between a speaking bureau and a speaker's agent. I know that self-publishing is not vanity publishing. I know that the glamour of travelling for work wears off fast!
I'm a speaker, trainer, consultant and author myself. I speak for money. I present 10-12 webinars a month. I attend – and speak at – speaker's conferences. I'm an active member of Thought Leaders, was one of the founding mentors, and now one of the few "Thought Leaders Ambassadors".
Most importantly, this is what I love to do! I spend more time in an average week supporting the eGurus Community than doing anything else. I do this by finding resources for you, preparing and presenting webinars, doing phone consulting, supporting the special interest groups, creating video tutorials, writing e-books, recording podcasts, and so on.
This is what I would do even if I wasn't being paid to do it!
Why is this more important now than ever before?
Because of the Internet, this is the best time in history to be a speaker, trainer, consultant, coach, author, thought leader or other infopreneur with a message to deliver and sell. It's easier than ever to reach more people, deliver your message in different ways, and do it more efficiently and effectively than ever before.
But if you don't do it right, the Internet can be your biggest threat – for example:
- It's also easier for other people to step in and compete with you.
- In a tough economy, clients and audiences want more than just a single workshop, keynote or coaching program.
- Readers are moving away from printed books to e-books and multimedia products.
- Your audiences have Googled you before you arrive, tweet about you during your presentations, and post reviews on Facebook after you leave.
That's why it's so important to take action now.
Become a Member
Membership is $55 per month, which is less than the price of a cup of coffee a day. Heck, if you make use of just one idea from the site in a month, it can potentially set you up for paying for all the coffee you could drink for the rest of your life!