Most people who attend a conference, training course or seminar don't take action. With an on-line course that delivers on-going material to reinforce your live presentation, you embed the learning, create lasting results, and create more value for your clients and customers. You can also increase your fees and boost your sales (and profit!) from every workshop, speaking engagement or coaching client.
In this workshop, I'll show you how to plan, build and promote on-line courses in your business.
What is an on-line course?
In a nutshell, it's educational material sent as a series of e-mail messages sent automatically to subscribers.
From your point of view as the author, you write all the material in advance and schedule it to be sent:
Then you direct subscribers to enrol in the course (they might pay for it, get it free, or have it included as part of a workshop package), and the software sends the course material to them automatically over time:
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is designed for "infopreneurs" – that is, professional speakers, trainers, consultants, coaches, authors and other thought leaders.
On-line courses are ideal for infopreneurs because they are a natural extension of your current presentations. You're already delivering high-value content to clients; it's now a matter of turning that into an on-line course.
For example, it's for you if:
- You are a conference speaker who wants to offer more than just the presentation at the conference
- You are a trainer who wants to reinforce your live workshops with on-going material
- You are a coach who wants to give your clients additional material outside your coaching sessions
- You are an author who wants to help readers implement the ideas in your books
- You are running a membership site, and want to give members self-study resources to increase the value of their membership
- You are any business owner who wants to deliver high-value material to prospective clients, so you stay in touch and position yourself as an expert
What are the benefits of on-line courses?
- You can keep in touch with people after your live presentation, so you create a more personal connection.
- You can bundle this in with existing programs, so you make more money from each booking.
- You can provide free courses to anybody who visits your Web site, to promote your business.
- You can use these courses as high-value, low-cost gifts for your top clients, so you build loyalty with your clients.
- Most people are still not using on-line courses – so you get a clear competitive edge.
- The course material is delivered automatically, so it's hassle-free to you.
- You have a lot of flexibility over your course delivery, so you can experiment to get the best results.
- You can publish your course without any special technical knowledge, so you can do it all yourself without relying on techies.
What will you learn?
In this full-day workshop, I will show you how to:
- Turn your existing material into profitable on-line courses.
- Create your courses fast, so it doesn't cost you tons of time or money.
- Figure out the right interval for sending your course material, so it has the greatest impact.
- Leverage an on-line course to add instant income to every presentation.
- Include video, surveys and downloadable documents to your courses.
- Sell courses from your Web site, or provide password-protected access to clients and audiences.
This is a practical workshop. I won't just teach you how to create an on-line course; I want you to actually create one yourself! So you'll walk out at the end of the workshop with a live on-line course, ready to sell!
I'll show you how to use the excellent MailChimp software to create and deliver your courses. You simply set it up once, and then MailChimp takes care of everything else for you.
Here's a broad outline of the day:
|9-10.30am||Setting up MailChimp|
|11am-12.30pm||Creating the course|
|1.30-3pm||Adding videos, surveys, worksheets and other documents|
|3.30-5pm||Selling your course|
What People Say …
Here are some of the things people have said about my workshops:
"Your availability both before the event as well as after it was second to none. I really value that level of service, which is a rarity in today’s environment." – Elias Kanaris
"His enormous wealth of expertise and seemingly endless patience for the technologically challenged makes it do-able. What a great investment for anyone working as a solopreneur. Saves time. Saves money. Make you feel good." – Lynne Schinella
"A trademark characteristic of Gihan's workshops is the calm & patience he manages to maintain and generate. There is integrity in all he does." – Jacquie Molloy
"Gihan has an easy to follow teaching style and the patience of a saint! … Thanks Gihan, it was awesome!" – Nicki Robilliard
"Absolutely the most effective training course I have done." – Leonie Stanfield
"It's your abilities to make the complex simple and accessible, to structure learning so it's engaging, fun and practical and to relate so warmly and genuinely to people that are your true gifts. Thanks so much – it was liberating!!!!" – Paul and Sallie-Ann Macklin
"I can't stop singing the praises of this workshop and your clear, precise and friendly manner in sharing complex information." – Sharonne Phillips
The workshop is on Tuesday 7th August 2012, from 9am to 5pm.
This is a practical session, and we will have broadband Internet access. So please bring your laptop to get the most out of the session.
Lunch and coffees provided.
- Date: Tuesday 7th August 2012, 9am – 5pm
- Your investment: $795 plus GST
- Venue: The Portside Centre, 207 Kent St, Sydney
Make your booking here using our secure server: