Are you finding it difficult to keep your best people?
Is productivity slipping – despite your best efforts?
Are you struggling to keep your team motivated and engaged?
If so, you’re not alone!
The workplace has changed, and we know the workplace of the future will be very different from the workplace of today. It’s not just technology and automation – it’s about the environment you create for attracting the smart, talented, savvy people with the skills you need for future-proofing your organisation.
The bad news is that those “stars” are in demand, and can choose where they work. Are you providing the workplace that will attract and keep them?
That’s why I’ve created this workshop, The Best Workplace on Earth, to help you understand what the best people want now from their workplace, identify what’s missing yours, and create an action plan to fill those gaps.
What is Your Workplace Like?
There is a wide range of workplaces, from the draining “toxic” workplace (where everybody hates to work, and only does it because they have to) to the energised inspired workplace (where people would work even if they weren’t being paid). You can call this the workplace “culture”, but it all comes down to people – and how they think about the fast-changing world and their role in it.
You can think of them in these six categories:
- Complacent: They don’t care what’s happening around them, and just do the job, get the money, and go home.
- Resistant: They know the world is changing, and actively resist the change, doing everything they can to create the safe, comfortable environment that has worked in the past.
- Compliant: They accept that their world is changing, but just do what they’re told without taking any initiative.
- Engaged: Now they’re willing to take some responsibility, and actively look for ways to deal with change and improve themselves and your organisation.
- Motivated: They see change in a positive light, and see their work as a vehicle for achieving their own bigger goals as well.
- Inspired: They embrace change, and truly believe the work they are doing is making a difference in the world.
If you were to honestly assess your own team and workplace, where do you think it would fit on this spectrum?
I’ve asked hundreds of leaders this question, and most fall well short of the “motivated” and “inspired” categories. That’s why I designed this workshop!
Why Work With Me?
I’m a business futurist, author and workshop presenter who helps you become fit for the future.
Early in my career, I worked in management roles in Australia and the UK, leading teams developing leading-edge technology in developing the infrastructure for the early Internet. More than 25 years ago, I started one of Australia’s first Web design companies, then later did social media consulting, and now work as a business futurist. That means I combine practical in-depth leadership experience with a broad perspective of the leadership and workplace issues affecting many industries.
I’m the author of “The Future of Leadership”, “Disruption By Design”, and 10 other books. Forbes magazine rated me the #5 social media inﬂuencer in the world (and #1 in Australia) in my area of expertise.
My personal obsession is with leveraging talent – and in particular, getting the most from your best, brightest, most passionate people. These are the leaders of the future, and they will help your organisation thrive.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please get in touch by phone or e-mail and I would be happy to discuss how best we can work together.