Are you finding it difficult to keep your best people?
Is productivity slipping – despite your best efforts?
Are you struggling to keep your team motivated and engaged?
If so, you’re not alone!
Most leaders and managers don’t know how to lead teams in a disruptive, fast-changing world. This is true even if you’re an experienced leader – or, dare I say it, especially if you’re an experienced leader. What used to work doesn’t work anymore, and you need new strategies to lead and manage effectively.
That’s why I’ve created this workshop, The Best Workplace on Earth, to help you understand what the best people want now from their workplace, identify what’s missing yours, and create an action plan to fill those gaps.
How Has the Workplace Changed?
Established workplaces evolved into their current form because of hierarchy, location, and traditional attitudes towards work. Newer organisations don’t start with the same constraints, so they can create the sort of workplace they think is most likely to attract the best talent.
These are the key differences between the old, established workplaces and the new, disruptive workplaces:
- Fit vs Diversity: It’s still important to find people who fit with the rest of the team (especially when it comes to shared values), but it’s just as important to bring diverse thinking to the team by attracting people who aren’t a perfect fit.
- Information vs Transparency: Everybody has more information than ever before, but too much important information is shielded from the people who need it to make decisions and take action.
- Training vs Talent: It’s still important to provide training and ongoing development, but it’s just as important to learn from talented individuals – regardless of their role, experience, or seniority.
- Engagement vs Meaning: Instead of trying to engineer employee engagement, offer work with meaning, in a place where they feel proud to work.
- Policy vs Judgement: Official policies can never keep up with a fast-changing, complex world. Instead, build the judgement of your team members, and then allow them to exercise that judgement when applying policies.
These are profound shifts in thinking, especially for experienced leaders who have always done things the old way. That’s why I designed this workshop!
Why Work With Me?
I’m a business futurist, author and workshop presenter who helps you become fit for the future.
Early in my career, I worked in management roles in Australia and the UK, leading teams developing leading-edge technology in developing the infrastructure for the early Internet. More than 25 years ago, I started one of Australia’s first Web design companies, then later did social media consulting, and now work as a business futurist. That means I combine practical in-depth leadership experience with a broad perspective of the leadership and workplace issues affecting many industries.
I’m the author of “The Future of Leadership”, “Disruption By Design”, and 10 other books. Forbes magazine rated me the #5 social media inﬂuencer in the world (and #1 in Australia) in my area of expertise.
My personal obsession is with leveraging talent – and in particular, getting the most from your best, brightest, most passionate people. These are the leaders of the future, and they will help your organisation thrive.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please get in touch by phone or e-mail and I would be happy to discuss how best we can work together.