We used to say “There’s no ‘I’ in Team”. But that’s changed now.
Our fast-moving, dynamic, customer-centric world needs a new kind of leadership. The best leaders now are authorities in their own right, leverage the power of their team members, and engage their wider community.
Your team members are smart, talented, innovative, and savvy people. They raise families, operate heavy machinery to drive to your office every day, organise events, support important causes, and manage dozens of other complex situations every day. They want you to be their mentor, not just their manager. They want work that gives them meaning, not just money. They want to know what’s going on in the organisation so they can help. They will happily help you achieve your goals and thrive – if you do the same for them. They want leaders who will help them shine.
This book is for you if you’re that kind of leader.
- Be a leader they want to follow. Become more productive, deliver compelling messages, and build a personal brand.
- Build a team they want to be a part of. Turn your team members into innovators, help them develop better judgement, and accelerate their experience curve.
- Reach out to a world that wants to help. Extend the scope of your team, create powerful partnerships, and build greater trust with influencers in your community.
“Gihan Perera has done it again. Great insights for now and the future to get out there and change the world – including your world.”
– Ian Berry, IanBerry.biz
“Gihan’s book is brilliant! It gets you to stop and think about what is contrary to most thinking. There is an “I” in team, if you are going to have a truly great team or great business, you need to have great individuals who are effective, innovative and productive. In this easy to read, highly practical and idea-rich book, Gihan shows you the pathway and gives you a blueprint to create the best version of you – if you want a truly great team.”
– Keith Abraham, Passionate Performance Inc
What’s In The Book?
- PART 1: Be a Leader They Want to Follow
- Show Up: Make Time to Lead
- Speak Up: Cut Through The Clutter
- Step Up: Stand for Something
- PART 2: Build a Team They Want to Be a Part Of
- Light Up: Foster Innovation
- Wise Up: Build Their Judgement
- Tune Up: Accelerate the Experience Curve
- PART 3: Reach Out to a World That Wants to Help
- Team Up: Find Talent Everywhere
- Partner Up: Join Forces
- Link Up: Leverage Trust
“Page after page of practical advice and implementable strategies. As a productivity expert I was really drawn to his 90-day cycles for goal achievement rather than just thinking about 12-month goals. I love time blocking and executable strategies. Gihan’s advice allows you to make strategic decisions in an ever changing dynamic environment. It’s not about time management it’s about energy management. Do yourself a favour, buy this book, read it, apply it and you will become even more successful.”
– Neen James, NeenJames.com
“This book challenges leadership paradigms on engagement, culture, productivity, strategy & development. Working in this technology age of constant shiny new things, he refreshingly reactivates the somewhat lost art of human connection in maximising productivity and performance in the workplace and making everyone shine. Gihan shows as a people leader, specifically what you can do in your area of control to better leverage the power of the individuals in your team and maximise employee engagement while creating a win-win.
– Ian Hutchinson, Life By Design
“Flips the idea of teamwork on its head by harnessing the power of motivated self-interest. Genius.”
– Matt Church, founder of Thought Leaders Global
Jam packed with information and written in a style that makes it easy to understand. It is also highly practical, providing relevant examples and excellent exercises for readers wishing to engage in immediate application. I firmly believe that this book will support those people committed to improving the quality of their leadership, teams and business.”
– Dr Nicky Howe
The print version is available in Australia. The e-book version is available everywhere from the Amazon Kindle Store.
Buy this together with Gihan’s book “Disruption By Design”: