Are your people exhausted, burned out, and overwhelmed by the pace of change?
Is your team struggling to keep up with just their everyday work – and have no time to think about innovation and change?
Are you finding it difficult to find, engage, and keep the best people?
Innovation is everybody’s business now, but it doesn’t come naturally to most people. Most innovation programs fail because they don’t engage the hearts and minds of people. So there might be a brief spurt of enthusiasm, and then innovation gets pushed aside.
But in a fast-changing world, it’s more important than ever to create a culture that welcomes and embraces change. In fact, disruption and innovation are two sides of the same coin: They are both about change, but it’s disruption when change happens to you and innovation when you create the change yourself. If you don’t get on the front foot to create change, you will constantly be at the mercy of outside forces.
As a leader, your job is to create a culture of change agents – where everybody is open to change, and some even embrace it and champion it. The best teams engage in everyday innovation – with an environment that encourages change, respect and trust for the diverse experience and expertise of everybody in the team, conversations that matter for the future, and systems and processes that make change and innovation part of everyday work.
A culture of change agents has three parts – space, focus, and habit:
Metaphorically, think of this like a fire. A fire needs three elements (called “the fire triangle”): fuel, heat, and oxygen. The fuel burns, the heat starts the fire, and oxygen provides energy for it to keep burning.
Creating a culture of change agents has these same three components:
- Space (fuel): Create an environment that allows and encourages change, innovation, and questioning the way things are done.
- Focus (heat): Encourage people to focus their ideas in the right areas – the things that add value and solve real problems.
- Habit (oxygen): Build change and innovation into everyday work, so it doesn’t get ignored, neglected, or pushed aside when things get busy.
Who Is It For?
This is for you if:
- Your business is facing increasing competition from inside or outside your industry
- You want your team to be more proactive, rather than always having to react to change
- You know your products and services are no longer the best available to customers and clients
- Your people are feeling tired, stressed, burned out, and jaded – and you need to engage and motivate them again
- You want people to take more initiative and be more open to change
- People are worried or scared about change, and you want them to have a more optimistic and positive mindset
This masterclass is for leaders and managers at all levels in an organisation.
- Understand the six ways people respond to change
- Learn what leaders say that block change and innovation (you’ve probably said them yourself!)
- Discover why most innovation programs stifle innovation instead of encouraging it
- Make innovation and change an everyday habit, not an optional extra
- Encourage a learning and growth mindset
- Take more control of your own future
- Give everybody responsibility for a culture that embraces change and innovation
The program is available in three delivery formats, each with multiple touchpoints:
- In-House Workshop: A one-day or two-day workshop, delivered in person at your premises (or at a suitable training venue)
- Online Delivery: Either one online presentation covering one of the modules/topics OR 3-4 online presentations, 1-2 weeks apart
- Conference Session: A conference session (keynote or breakout, online or in-person)
For the shorter formats, you choose the most important outcomes and the program is tailored to meet those needs.