External workers – such as freelancers, contractors, consultants, and workers in the sharing economy – are no longer just fringe workers, but an important part of the workforce. Even if you’re an experienced leader, the rules of engagement have changed when you bring these people into your team. They bring both challenges and opportunities, but working with them effectively is a leadership skill that will be crucial in our future.
In this episode of the Fit for the Future podcast, we discuss tactics and techniques for getting the most out of your external team members, including how to:
- Streamline recruitment and on-boarding so they are more productive faster
- Avoid the “us vs them” culture that hampers collaboration
- Tap into their broad, diverse knowledge base
- Structure pay and rewards for better performance
- Invest in their future, so you retain the best for longer
Listen To the Episode
The Fit for the Future Podcast brings you regular ideas, interviews and insights about how you, your teams and your organisation can become fit for the future.
More ways to engage with me: