Every industry is facing change, but none more so than healthcare. Big data, predictive analytics and the consumerisation of healthcare are just a few of the trends affecting the way we will look at healthcare in the future.
- What if your doctor could e-mail images (like X-rays) to you, instead of you having to go in to pick them up?
- What if heart patients could do an ECG themselves for less than a dollar?
- What if an iPhone app could take a photo of some food and automatically tell you the number of calories in it?
These “what if” scenarios aren’t in the future; they are available right now. I talked about these in my webinar last week.
Even if you don’t work in healthcare, you will find this webinar useful because some of the themes are common across other industries – e.g. consumers taking more control, big data providing smart diagnosis.
After the webinar, I asked participants “What was the most useful thing you learned today?” Here are some of their answers:
“All the coming technology”
“Patients want to connect to technology but healthcare professionals find the practice change difficult”
“The positive take on where we’re going – very refreshing! (sadly…)”
“Increasing use of technology in health care”
“How much more advanced technology already is than I thought!”
“Information in a field I would not normally have accessed”
The Future Proof Webinar Series
The Future Proof webinar series will keep you in touch with our future – what’s ahead, what it means for us, and how to stay ahead of the game.
More ways to engage with me:
- Book me as a speaker for your next conference
- Engage me to run an in-house workshop
- Subscribe to the podcast
- Subscribe to my Thinking Ahead newsletter
- Read and subscribe to my blog