Telecommuting and distributed teams are growing fast. If you’re a leader or manager, it’s likely that you are – or will be – leading a distributed team. That means some or all of your team members aren’t in the office all the time. So what’s different about leading distributed teams?
Listen To the Episode
The five myths:
- Myth #1: It’s too difficult to build trust
Reality: It’s not more difficult; it’s just different.
- Myth #2: It’s too difficult to build synergy
Reality: Synergy is intentional, not incidental.
- Myth #3: Team members feel too isolated and detached
Reality: Some personalities thrive under remote work arrangements.
- Myth #4: Interpersonal skills aren’t important
Reality: If anything, interpersonal skills are even more important.
- Myth #5: You can’t measure and reward performance
Reality: Sometimes you can do it even better.
Download the white paper, written by Gihan Perera for Citrix, on this topic (available here courtesy of Citrix Online):
The Fit for the Future Podcast brings you regular ideas, interviews and insights about how you, your teams and your organisation can become fit for the future.
More ways to engage with me:
- Book me as a speaker for your next conference
- Engage me to run an in-house workshop
- Subscribe to the podcast for more great content like this program
- Subscribe to my Thinking Ahead newsletter
- Read and subscribe to my blog
- Sign up to my Future Proof webinar series