As a futurist, part of my job is to help people understand what’s around the corner in their industry. But it’s also about helping them prepare for it – what I call becoming fit for the future. One of the most important things you can do is build the judgement of your team members. It’s a vital part of being fit for the future.
When you build their judgement, you’re teaching your team members to work from guidelines, not processes; and rules of thumb, not forms and approvals. You explain the ground rules, and they use their judgement to follow them.
I love this idea of ground rules, and so does one of my colleagues Steve Simpson, who has created some ground-breaking work in the area of Unwritten Ground Rules, or UGRs. They can be positive or negative, and can make or break a culture.
Listen To the Episode
The Fit for the Future Podcast brings you regular ideas, interviews and insights about how you, your teams and your organisation can become fit for the future.
More ways to engage with me:
- Book me as a speaker for your next conference
- Engage me to run an in-house workshop
- Subscribe to the podcast for more great content like this program
- Subscribe to my Thinking Ahead newsletter
- Read and subscribe to my blog
- Sign up to my Future Proof webinar series